What I'll be reading next!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

my twitterings

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 26, 2008

    FutureHype

    Welcome to my book blog. I am reading FutureHype by Bob Seidensticker. It is a fascinating book about why technology doesn't advance quite as quickly as we think it will. When people talk about the rapid growth of technology and the huge impact it is going to have on the world they usually underestimate the impact of earlier technology. We think of what a huge impact the internet is having on us today, but the change in the amount of information available in the 50 years after the invention of the printing press was very similar. Or what about the invention of agriculture. Which has had a bigger impact on our world? Which was more important, the invention of magnetic computers and or the invention of paper?

    My Favorite quotes


    Quotes by QuotesDaddy.com