What I'll be reading next!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

my twitterings

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 2, 2010

    Temple Worship

    Temple Worship: 20 Truths That Will Bless Your Life Temple Worship: 20 Truths That Will Bless Your Life by Andrew C. Skinner


    My rating: 4 of 5 stars
    I really was amazed by this book. I read it in just a little over a week. It was simply amazing. The way that Andrew C. Skinner quickly and succinctly relates specific stories, scriptural references, and historical information to explain doctrines related to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

    Each chapter highlights a different philosophical idea related to the Temple. Two of the most powerful ideas for me were the idea that the same power that Christ and his apostles and the prophets have used to control the physical world is the same power that activates the ordinances in the Temple. This means that in a very real way we can be physically changed by the covenants we make in the temple. This book gave me a whole new vision and idea of the temple. I can't wait to get back to the Temple again after reading this.

    View all my reviews >>

    My Favorite quotes


    Quotes by QuotesDaddy.com