What I'll be reading next!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

my twitterings

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 13, 2008

    DragonLance

    When, I was still teaching in the classroom, I saw student after student come through my class with a series of books:  DragonLance Chronicles.  The first book Dragons of Autumn Twilight was the one that really stuck out to me.  I kept telling myself, I would look at it someday.  Well some day finally came and I read them.  Exceptional books for the genre.  My general opinion of books of this type is that they are 'faddy'  the roll with the fad.  You see Pokemon books, Bakugan books and there have been other books based on Dungeons and Dragons and other Role-playing games, and they appeal to a certain crowd (I must admit I definitely empathize with that crowd if I am not a full fledged part of it.....isn't it funny how you never really know if you are part of a crowd?)

    Well, anyway more than 20 years after the books were originally published they are doing what toy manufacturers have done for years.  Lets' market Mom and Dad's favorites to Mom and Dad's Kids.  Seriously, anyone remember He-Man or Transformers from their youth, well they were both re-marketd as were My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake.  Now, Dragonlance has been remarketed The Dragon Codex books are actually a pretty good series.  My son has loved all of them.  He has also liked the Practical Guide series.  If you are a fan of fantasy and are looking for a good way to introduce your kids to fantasy these are a pretty good place to start.

    See my List on Amazon.com for information on getting these books:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/listmania/fullview/R1WJVPHBC3BD0H/ref=cm_lm_pthnk_view?ie=UTF8&lm_bb=

    My Favorite quotes


    Quotes by QuotesDaddy.com