What I'll be reading next!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

my twitterings

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 12, 2009

    Emotional Design by Donald A. Norman

    Some more data has just been released regarding emotional design!

    That sounded umm... well... melodramatic at best.

    Reality is though, I really loved the book Emotional Design by Donald A. Norman. When I first read the book, I did a post on my learning blog trying to articulate what his book was doing for me, but I failed. Yet again, I found that he articulated much better what I was trying too than I could. There are two sides to how we think.

    • We need freedom, safety and low stress in order to develop breadth to our thinking
    • We need restriction, fear, and high stress in order to bring depth(Focus) to our thinking

    The former is exceptional for generating massive amounts of creative ideas and novel solutions to problems. The former allows us to actually get work done.

    But I guess, I will let him say it.


    My Favorite quotes


    Quotes by QuotesDaddy.com