What I'll be reading next!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

my twitterings

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, May 1, 2009

    FableHaven: Secret of the Dragon Sanctuary (From Goodreads)

    Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Book 4) Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull


    My review


    rating: 4 of 5 stars
    Ok, so I had to re-read Fablehaven Grip of the Shadow Plague before I started it and just as finished I found out my son had left it in his desk which had me waiting a whole weekend to get started.

    The wait didn't slow me down much though, I finished it in 3 days, and that was reading only on the bus to and from work.



    The book was well done, it moved Seth more fully into a participating part of the group and showed him taking on a much more mature role. He is genuinely analyzing why he does things and considering right and wrong. Seth also moves to the forefront by gaining some new skills. Skills that put him on par with Kendra, and together they gain even more skills.



    There were disappointments to the book. One of the biggest was the betrayal in this book. Kendra, Seth and the rest of the Knights seem to have to regularly deal with betrayal and this book isn't an exception. The betrayal was big and a bit of a shock, but more disappointing was the almost flippant resolution. You'll recognize it when you see it. The resolution was so simple in fact that I wonder if it was misleading and that more will be forthcoming.


    View all my reviews.

    My Favorite quotes


    Quotes by QuotesDaddy.com