What I'll be reading next!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

my twitterings

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 4, 2009

    Tracking Trash

    Tracking Trash: Flotsam, Jetsam, and the Science of Ocean Motion (Scientists in the Field) Tracking Trash: Flotsam, Jetsam, and the Science of Ocean Motion by Loree Griffin Burns


    My review


    rating: 5 of 5 stars
    I read this for a book club at the Junior High I taught at. It was a fabulous example of the narrative of science. Science isn't just a collection of facts and answers it is a rich story of people and events and changes. This book illustrates that beautifully, by telling the story of the Giant Garbage Patch. A place in the ocean where much of the pollution collects due to the prevailing ocean currents



    The book details the stories of the people involved in discovering this and potential solutions to the problems that result. It teaches the facts of the case through a well developed story and history of the discovery of this unique phenomenon.

    If you want to know more about this phenomenon before you read it check out the TED talk by Capt. Moore the man who first discovered it:





    View all my reviews.

    My Favorite quotes


    Quotes by QuotesDaddy.com