What I'll be reading next!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

my twitterings

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 24, 2008

    Fire and Damnation!!!

    Sorry, for the strong language... but since I am reading a book about the "Hell" scenario I thought it appropriate. Actually, I need to say was reading. I left my book on the bus yesterday morning after my rather verbose post. It may go to the lost and found, but a book with a nude blue woman on the cover just may not make it. Dang, it's a great book too.

    I also chose the title because I just started Brisingr, Christopher Paolini's final installment of the Inheritance Trilogy....what.... Oh, sorry his latest installment in the Inheritance Cycle. So how many books in a cycle? 4, 5, 6, more? Is a cycle larger than a series? If it is 4 does that make it a Quad, Quadology or a tetraology.

    Link to Amazon.com: BrisingrAnyway, when I first started Paolini's Trilogy (excuse me, cycle) I kind of thought it stunk even for a 15 year old genius. I thought I could see who he was copying and who he had read. I even remember thinking, "Cheez, I could have written this" I liked it, but more as a curiosity rather than good literature. When I got to his descriptions of how Eragon learns magic in Eldest, I was much more impressed. Now, picking up Brisingr I feel like I am back with old friends. Kudos, Mr. Paolini, I guess I was just envious to begin with.

    P.S. If you follow the link on the picture above you can see Christopher Paolini's explanation of the change from trilogy to cycle.

    My Favorite quotes


    Quotes by QuotesDaddy.com